Vegan Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
1 cup unbleached flour
1/2 cup oat flour
1/2 cup oats
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 T non-hydrogenated vegetable spread (such as Earth Balance)
2 T oilve oil
2 T peanut butter
1 banana, mashed and mixed with 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup raisins
preserves of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine flours, oats, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, vegetable spread, olive oil, peanut butter, and banana mixture until smooth and fluffy.
- Beat flour mixture into the wet mixture until well blended. Add raisins.
- Scoop dollops of cookie mixture on to a greased cookie sheet. Use your thumb to make an indentation into the cookie dough. Scoop a small amount of preserves into the indentation.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cookie dough just begins to brown.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then finish cooling on a wire rack.