If you find yourself with these leftover ingredients, or just want to make a delicious bread, give this one a try.
1 1/2 cups bread flour
1/3 cup stone ground cornmeal
1/3 cup stone ground whole wheat flour
1/2 cup cooked brown rice
2 tsp. instant yeast
1 cup water
1 Tbsp. raw honey
1 Tbsp. sunflower oil (you can also use canola oil, peanut oil, or melted butter)
1 tsp. salt
- In a large bowl, mix together the flours and instant yeast. Pour in the water, honey, and oil and stir to combine. Add in the salt and mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for about ten minutes or until the dough is smooth an elastic, adding more flour if the dough gets too sticky.
- Transfer the dough into a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap, a plastic bag, or an airtight lid. Let rise for about two hours or until doubled in bulk.
- When the dough has doubled in size, punch it down gently to degas it and form the dough into a loaf shape. Transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet or loaf pan, cover again. Let rise for another 30 minutes, or until the dough rises about an inch and gently springs back when you press your finger into it. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the loaf for 30-40 minutes. The finished bread will be golden brown, sound hollow when tapped, and have an internal temperature of 190 degrees. Enjoy!